Thursday, June 27, 2013

You ever heard somebody sing a song you've heard a thousand times? Yet there's that one time when the song or the song-stylist makes you do a double-take. Well, I had that experience not long ago and I had to quickly turn my head. I had to ask --with emphasis-- "Who was that?"

In my opinion, it takes a special kind of artist to do that; to just make a person stop in their tracks. Young Whitney Houston did it, back in the day. And Jaimee Paul happened to do it for me the
other day.

There I was, seated with my coffee at hand, just merrily typing away when the song 'Cry Me A River' came wafting through my speakers. Now I've long loved this song, especially Natalie
Cole's version. However, after the intro I started paying real attention, because this lady who was not Natalie has something. Many might call it the 'It' factor. I would go further and say that 'something' is the meeting of talent and skill -- and songstress Jaimee Paul has it.

So I looked her up. With her look that happens to be reminiscent of old Hollywood -- you know, the ruby red-slicked lips, the curly mane, and alabaster skin -- she appears quite commercial. Yet what I love are her rich vocals. After reading up on her, it appears  she's been wowing audiences in many places. Now her voice is wowing me.

Because I do so enjoy her renditions of great American standards, I'd like to share one with you.

My darlings I do hope you enjoy it as I did. If you get a chance,
check out her cover or Lover Man on her At Last album/CD. Let me know what you think, and until next time...

Be blessed,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment